Valley Christian Church wants to be a church filled with disciples (followers) of Jesus who are helping others become disciples of Jesus as well. It doesn’t matter if someone is far from Him or unfamiliar with Him, Jesus desires the whole world to come to know Him and live in relationship with Him. For us to accomplish our mission of making disciples, we need to be passionate about helping lost and hurting people to find the hope, love, and healing that they can find only in Jesus Christ, and we need the help of others who share our passion. We recognize that discipleship is a process; that none of us is perfect; and that we need each other to reach our potential in Christ. So to help each other grow, we invite you to join us in the following:
- WORSHIP — We believe that we were created to give honor and glory to God. At one point in His ministry, Jesus said, “…the true worshipers will worship God in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers God seeks.” (John 4:23) What Jesus was saying is that true worship must be based on the truth of God’s Word and must engage our whole heart. We encourage you to join us in worship every Sunday morning at 10:00 am.
- CONNECT — We believe that growing as a disciple of Jesus doesn’t just come with knowledge of God and His Word. Although those two elements are essential for growth, growth really happens when we apply what we know/learn to our daily lives. James, the brother of Jesus, once wrote, “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves, do what it says.” (James 1:22) At times, this is a difficult principle to engage in on your own. Oftentimes, application happens best in the context of community. It is with the encouragement of others who are on this journey of discipleship that we will receive the accountability and support that we need to continue on our journey of discipleship. We encourage you to join us in connecting through our community groups & YSU study.
- SERVE — We believe when people engage in service, it leads to life change. The Apostle Paul wrote, “You my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh, rather, serve one another humbly in love.” Whether you serve in the church, in the community, or in the world, God calls us to serve one another in His love. We encourage you to join us in serving through our friends & family events, outreach events, and our Great Day of Service.
- GIVE — We believe that giving is an act of worship. The way individuals thinks about, and spends, their money speaks to what is truly important in their lives. The act of giving encourages individuals to take their focus off of themselves and their desires, and helps to redirect their focus towards the desires and will of God. In Acts 2, we see a glimpse of how God was able to use generous/sacrificial giving to bless the poor and expand His kingdom. “All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” (Acts 2:44-47) When people give, they recognize that they are simply living as a steward of what God has entrusted to them. We encourage you to join us in giving through our online portal or through our offering box in the Worship Center.
- INVITE — We believe that a vital part of the process of becoming a true disciple of Jesus is becoming a disciple maker. Jesus shared His mission for us with these words, “All authority in Heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20) God is continually placing people in our lives for us to influence for His kingdom. A simple step in helping others start that disciple process is simply inviting them to a worship service, friends & family event, or outreach event that can help connect them with God and with other disciples of Jesus. We encourage you to join us in inviting others to connect with God and with his followers here at Valley Christian Church.